If you’re at a loss on what to give a retiring female coworker or boss, today’s article presents ideas for the best retirement gifts for women.
Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers: 9 Extra Cool Gift Ideas for Her
1. A Framed Picture
At first, this may sound like a corny or cliché gift. But think about it, how many people have photos of themselves working?
A picture showing she’s busy at work helps her preserve workplace memories. Beyond the actual photo, you’re allowing her to reminisce about her time at work.
Similarly, one can give a framed “newspaper article” about the retiring female colleague, friend, or family member. Write a faux newspaper article about the person, print it out on newsprint paper, and rip off the edges to look like it was torn from a real newspaper.
To make it even more special, have her colleagues, staff, and bosses sign before framing it. This will give her something to remember her closest colleagues who are celebrating her retirement with her.
2. A Framed “Magazine Cover”
For those who are proficient with graphic design tools, consider making a fake cover. It’s one of the most unique and customizable retirement gifts for women.
To make it even more special, why not put her on the cover of her favorite magazine? Anyone would be excited to be on the cover of their favorite magazine.
You can also make it cooler by adding different article headlines. These could pertain to what she’ll be doing after retiring or one of her catchphrases.
3. A Framed Collage of Her Most Unforgettable Moments
A collage of pictures that represent her most unforgettable work experiences is one of the best retirement gifts for women. Include photos of moments like:
- Her promotion or when she received an award
- Giving a speech
- Candid shots of her at work
- Any other work milestone or event
It can allow a retiring female colleague to remember and cherish those life experiences whenever they see it. It also doubles as a meaningful decor piece.
4. Classes for Her Interests, Passions, or Hobbies
Once she’s retired, she’ll have a whole lot of time on her hands to finally indulge her interests and hobbies. If those require a certain level of skill and knowledge, then classes are one of the best retirement gifts for women you can give her.
You can do this in several ways:
- Through video courses, like those available in Udemy.com — Video lessons allow students to see and hear how things should be done, which makes for easier learning.
- Enroll her in offline classes — This will allow her to learn through seeing, hearing, and through guided practice and feedback, too. With guided practice and objective feedback from an instructor, she’ll be able to quickly and correctly learn what she needs to for her hobbies and interests.
You can also give the retiree books on her craft. She can read and learn at her most convenient time, place, and pace.
5. Gardening Tools and Supplies
Gardening-related items are some of the best retirement gifts for women, particularly for those with green thumbs. Be sure to base it on her gardening experience level so she can really use it.
You can give a variety of gardening-related tools, such as gloves, gardening clogs, and knee pads. Be sure to sniff around and sneakily discover what tools the retiree would need without raising suspicion so you can surprise them.
You can even create a gift basket filled with different tools and seeds, especially if she’s new to this type of activity.
6. Travel-Related Gifts
For many retirees, regardless of gender, traveling is one of the most common retirement bucket lists, and for good reason—they now have all the time and money in the world to finally do it.
If she loves to travel and plans to do more of it after retiring, anything that can make her adventures fun or more convenient is a great gift. Some of the best retirement gifts for women who are into traveling include:
- Luggage tags
- Maps of the places she wants to explore
- Passport covers
- Travel books
- Travel totes
- For those who plan to pool funds together for a pricier retirement gift, a fancy luggage set or a travel gift voucher
7. Relaxation Gifts
Some women look forward to just having more time to rest and relax during retirement. Maybe it’s because they’ve worked so hard throughout their careers that they want to rest first during the first few years of retirement.
Some of the best retirement gifts for women who feel this way include:
- Ergonomically designed comfort pillows
- Eye masks
- Weighted and/or heated blankets
For those who want to pool their funds together and give a fancier retirement gift for a female colleague, some great retirement gift ideas include a:
- Massage package in their favorite spa
- Staycation package in a fancy hotel
- Beach getaway
8. Wine-of-the-Month Club Membership
A good retirement gift idea is a one-year membership to a “Wine of the Month” club. Getting 12 bottles of boutique wines for a year is one of the best retirement gifts for women who are wine connoisseurs.
A good alternative to a Wine-Of-The-Month Club membership is enrolling her in a wine-tasting class. To really up the ante on this gift, you can include gourmet cheeses and elegant wine glasses when you give the class-registration certificate.
9. Gifts for Culture Vultures
The best retirement gifts for culture vultures are tickets to plays, concerts, or art exhibits, depending on their specific interests. Even better, why not gift a retiring female colleague with a season pass to specific cultural shows that she likes?
And to make the gift very memorable, consider putting the tickets inside a nice looking clutch or bag. When she opens it, she’ll be pleasantly surprised to find an even better set of gifts: show tickets!
These nine retirement gifts for women can give your retiring female coworkers something to fondly remember you by. The key to choosing the best gift is knowing her interests, passions, and accomplishments well.
Do you have other ideas for cool retirement gifts for women? Let us know in the comments section below.
- 21 Best Winter Vacation Ideas And Destinations To Try After Retirement
- 6 Ways To Get The Retirement Lifestyle That People Want To Have
- Investing In Preferred Dividends: Everything You Need To Know